To continue our conversation on anti-inflammatory foods, I thought it appropriate to choose some soup recipes. These 3 anti-inflammatory soup recipes are great for fighting inflammation and combatting disease. Add a tossed salad, warm up some whole grain bread, and dinner is served. Freezing single servings to bring for lunch make soups convenient grab-and-go meals.
Read on to learn how to make these easy anti-inflammatory soup recipes.
Lebanese Lentil and Swiss Chard Soup
- 1 cup of brown lentils, rinsed with water
- 4 cups of Swiss Chard stems and leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cover lentils with water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, stir fry the onions in the canola oil until golden.
- When the lentils start boiling, add the potatoes, swiss chard, garlic, lemon juice, and fried onions.
- Pour in enough water so that the mixture is well covered and leave on medium heat until the lentils and potatoes are tender.
- Add salt, more lemon juice, and pepper according to taste.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- Heat the canola oil in a large pot.
- Add the leeks, carrots, and pumpkin. Sauté for 3 – 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper, and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the soup is cooked, use an immersion blender and blend until creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon garlic powder
- half teaspoon onion powder
- quarter teaspoon pepper
- half teaspoon celery salt
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- Heat the canola oil in a large pot set over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, salt, and pepper and cook until slightly softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, the broccoli florets, the cauliflower florets, and chicken broth; cover loosely and cook until the cauliflower and broccoli florets are fork tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully blend the soup using an immersion blender until creamy.
- Once all the soup has been blended, stir in the cup of coconut milk and bring back to a simmer over medium heat.